Monday, February 28, 2011

These hands were made for hugging


These hands were made for hugging’ is about the day I hugged my friend Rumbi the first time. In this story there are a lot of immature thing that happen but that’s just how we both are. I thing childishness in my story is very important because it shows our personality and how we click

We are both very stubborn people who don’t ever want to admit that they are wrong and always want to be the right ones. We both meet in Grade 8 in South Africa when we both went to that same school together but we weren’t that close because she was a loud person and I was the quiet one. So I guess you can say opposites attract. We became closer in grade 9 when she forced me to be her friend. Day to day we would fight people always use to say that we are like a 50 years married couple. So one random day Rumbi said to me: ‘You know what Irene we have never hugged ‘everyone was like yeah that’s true and then I jumped UP and ran away. She always promised me that she would hug me on the last day of school, before I go to Canada and that we were going to wit for that special moment. I always imagined that day as the saddest say of my life and how I would burst out in tears .Until one day, it was athletics day in our school and I begged her to run for our house  and she came 3rd, 3rd in my school was a big thing if you were black. I could not help but to run and jump on her because she really tried her best. And then she just gave me this eye like what on earth was I doing, she really did not understand, maybe it was because she was tired. I guess this just shows how much love we share for each other even though we don’t hug too often. And unfortunately on the last day of school she wasn’t even there she went home 2 days before, so I never really got that special feeling.

An that is why I think I hug people so much in my new school, I don’t have the same  love I shared with Rumbi for them. And that why if you ever need a hug, my hands were made for hugging


No comments:

Post a Comment